CEOs asked an MIT and Johns Hopkins researcher:
How can we increase sales, execution speed, and competitive advantage
when we keep running into change resistance, lack of accountability,
and internal politics?
The proprietary methods he discovered were controversial, but remarkably effective ...
Find out why in this brief 2-min video:
As a CEO, you need to:
- increase revenues
- enhance competitive advantage
- disrupt, or avoid disruption
. . . but getting much more traction depends on employees performing, so you try:
- Training programs
- Bestselling Books
- TEDx talks
- . . . and even a therapist
Yet for some reason organizational changes still fall short.
Yes, you know that leadership is about change.
But the "experts" forgot one small detail:
70-90% of changes are sabotaged by:
- Change Resistance
- Ego-driven Agendas
- Lack of Accountabilty and Trust
- Dishonoring of Values
- Politics and Silos
- Lack of Bravery
- Fear and Anxiety
- Poor Manager Engagement
- CYA, infighting, blaming
Resulting in lost traction on sales, profits, and customer satisfaction.
In an act of hope, you throw more money at the latest best-selling management trends in
But instead of results, you struggle with missed targets and cynical employees afraid their boss will read a new book!
(Ever talk glowingly about the money spent on your last management consultant?)
You're not alone.
The greatest companies fell swiftly despite hiring the best "experts" and thought-leaders.
In successful companies today, I still see wars rage on as frustrated executives try to make needed changes, and weary employees resist.
Is this happening in your company right now?
I know. It sucks.
. . . but what if you started thinking differently?
What if you could get better traction by handling
the 2 overlooked root causes of failure?
Hello, I’m Don Schmincke
After leaving MIT and Johns Hopkins, I spent 30 years as a strategic growth and performance researcher.
Like many other "thought-leader expert" consultants, I have the usual credentials...
- I’ve written books (2 best sellers)
- I’ve delivered over 1,700 speeches
- I’ve been awarded as a top 10 speaker in the world’s largest CEO organization
- I’ve worked with CEO’s and organizations such as the US Navy, F100, and SMB businesses
Yet, I’m the guy they bring in when all the “experts” fail.
Some incredible experiences resulted from my strategic performance research:
- nearly being arrested as a capitalist spy in the Soviet Bloc
- getting shot off an aircraft carrier
- surviving in the Kurdish capital as Tehran held hostages
- being the first white person brought into an African Tsonga village
- developing missile inertial guidance systems while my frat brothers took Vegas (as portrayed in the movie “21”)
So, yeah, I’ve been through a lot figuring out how to solve your organization's problems.
In my work with over 7,000 CEO's I made an alarming discovery:
After studying planetary physics, biomedical engineering, and human evolution, I left MIT and was teaching at Johns Hopkins when I did something different:
Knowing of high failure rates of management theories, I wanted to uncover why and how to fix it.
So I turned to:
Finally, with Oxford University support, I unearthed the secret in an ancient leadership training manuscript written 7 centuries ago.
. . . I published and tested my findings with over 7,000 CEOs.
This led to an even bigger discovery . . . one that no thought-leader "expert" will ever tell you.
What causes the high failure rates of their theories, strategic planning, and organizational change programs?
Deep, primal human instincts driving
Fear and Selfishness
So how do you
stop FEAR and SELFISHNESS
from sabotaging organizational performance?
The secrets were buried in a 700-year-old Samurai text:
Death, Bravery, Honor
(and they have worked for centuries)
"Becoming Samurai" is a 9-week online course that strengthens organizations for superior execution of any new program or organizational change.
Each module contains:
- Practical implementation exercises with relevancies, reflections, and on-the-job action steps
- Multiple, highly effective instructional modalities including:
- High-quality cinematography and effects
- Brief, easily consumable text
- Useful downloads and surveys
- Short, impactful video lessons
- Employee engagement checkpoints to enhance implementation by involving their manager
(Coaching options available)
What Are Our New Leadership Training Methods Based On?
A synthesis of over 100 years of academic research and 30 years of field testing with 15,000+ organizations. Our research on the high failure rates of management theories began at MIT and Johns Hopkins, with further support and insights from institutions like Oxford, Harvard, Wharton, Dartmouth, and many others
Why Change Programs Don't Produce Change
M. Beer, R. A. Eisenstat and B. Spector
The Halo Effect:
... and the Eight Other Business Delusions That Deceive Managers
Phil Rosenzweig, PhD
Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind
David M. Buss, Ph.D.
High Altitude Leadership
The bestselling book developed during filming of NBC's epic K2 climb while researching human instincts for leadership behavior
Taught and used by over 15,000 CEOs and C-level executives
Implemented by the most prominent organizations in the world.
Based on our research and support from leading institutions and minds.
Why Use Samurai Training?
(a brief 20-second overview)
Before you start thinking
"Not another program, I've seen them all . . ."
This does not replace any program.
It enhances ALL of them!
"Becoming Samurai" provides 3 missing keys for creating results:
- Your executives understand the true cause of program failures
You can’t fix a problem by focused on the symptoms.
- Your leaders let go of “common” approaches.
No color-therapy or trust-falls will shift strategic performance of an organization. You need evidence-based methods.
- Your employees overcome Selfishness and Fear.
Unless you unhook the sabotage, you’ll never achieve the speed, bravery, and honor that propels the greatest organizations.
Here's What's Inside
Weekly Disciplines Include:
Taking personal responsibility for the journey becomes critical for the path ahead.
- Be responsible for your performance and blame no one
- Understand the value of engaging with your manager
- Prepare your manager for support
- Prepare yourself emotionally, mentally, and physically
- Realize the value of the disciplines you will learn
Fear stops employees from reaching higher, taking needed risks, and improving their performance.
- Identify what fears stop you
- How to move beyond your fears
- Seek higher growth and development
- Aspire to a higher potential despite your fears
- Be more willing to innovate
- Be open to feedback and coaching
Sustaining competitive strength requires continuous evolution. This means change is necessary, and that means something must die in order to be replaced by something else.
- Understand why change occurs
- How to accept, engage, and support change
- Reduce change resistance
- Step up to accept new roles and responsibilities
Primal, selfish, ego-driven behaviors hinder strategic execution. Understanding how to deal with this effectively frees the organization for higher performance.
- Get EGO out of the way
- Let go of what's holding you back
- Make faster decisions
- Stop blaming, infighting and selfishness
- Let the team mission drive
Strategic performance requires "Accountability." Employees need to be “counted on” by the CEO to fulfill duties, make wise decisions, and honor the values and purpose.
- Be brave enough to do the right thing, even if uncomfortable
- Focus more on results
- Hold yourself and others accountable
- Tell the truth even if unpopular so that management knows about real issues and can address them early
Honoring values, goals, and purpose are critical for successful organizations. This becomes strained when disrespect arises from other employees, customers, or competitors. But a Samurai employee has no excuse to violate this Code.
- Why and how to honor company values
- Lead from trust
- Ensure honesty
- Preserve integrity
What This Course Can Do For Your Company
Increased in sales, competitive advantage, and customer satisfaction from:
- Having successful leadership and organizational development programs
- Higher accountability with a more powerful culture
- More productivity and less politics
- Faster and wiser decisions
- Increased openness to learning and innovation
Imagine the Impact When People Are:
Brave enough to:
- Tell the truth before it's too late
- Hold others and themselves accountable
- Embrace change with less resistance
- Have more courage when needed
Honorable enough to:
- Protect your cultural values
- Follow your ideals and mission
- Avoid workplace politics
- Express less selfishness
- Not blame, but accept their mistakes
- Increase respect
Strategic enough to:
- Know what affects sales
- Focus on traction
- Make faster decisions
- Solve problems effectively
- Engage others better
- Express competitive performance
Concepts Developed and Validated With Over 7,000 CEOs
In addition to permissions from Oxford and other universities, the methods and models survived field-testing against the hardest, most cynical audiences - the CEOs in our workshops for over 25 years.
Ancient truths validated by anthropology, evolutionary genetics, neurology, and other biological sciences.
Does this take too much time away from work
How does their manager know if they are making progress
Is coaching provided?
We've had so many trainings before, my people are cynical about taking another one
What's the best way to implement this program?
What are the consequences if you wait?
- Loss of ROI causing more pain trying to justify next year's training budget
- Extra effort trying to get employees to step up in accountability
- More time wasted in politics, CYA, turf battles, excuses, blaming, and other time-sapping dysfunctional behaviors
- More dead-end projects driving expenses higher
- Longer lines to HR . . or to YOUR office!
Time to Strengthen Your Organization
Coaching Options Available
OPTION 1 - Group Coaching
To facilitate learning progress for each Module and detect any common issues that management should be aware of.
- 1-hour weekly group Zoom coaching for up to 10 participants.
- Could be a mixed group, interdepartmental, or same unit.
OPTION 2 - Group Coaching With Their Manager
Includes all in OPTION 1 plus one extra hour of coaching weekly with team manager separately to facilitate leadership application.
Thanks for your interest in
Please fill out and we'll get back to your shortly.